|1||About JIPMER, Puducherry and Karaikal||3|
|2||Contact Details Enquiry & Important Dates||4|
|3||Department-wise number of vacancies & reservation||5-6|
|4||Age, Pay Scale, and Essential Qualifications||7|
|6||Exam Centre &||9|
|7||Awarding of marks||10|
|8||Registration & Filling up of Application||11|
|9||Instruction for Upload of Photo, Signature, and Certificates||12-13|
|11||General Instruction, Hall Tickets and Instructions – DOs and DON’Ts||13-15|
|12||Action against candidate found guilty of misconduct, Disqualification &|
|13||Annexure – I (Registration & Submission)||18|
|14||Annexure – II (OBC Certificate & Declaration)||19-20|
|15||Annexure – III (SC/ST Certificate)||21|
|16||Annexure – IV (EWS Certificate)||22|
|17||Annexure – V (No Objection Certificate)||23|
|18||Annexure – VI (PwD Certificate)||24|
|19||Issues related to Payment Failure||25|
|20||Important Instructions to Candidates on Covid -19 precautions||26|
About JIPMER, Puducherry
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER)
under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India.
Spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry),
JIPMER is 170 km. from Chennai by road.
JIPMER has been declared as an “Institution of National Importance” by an Act of
Parliament, in the year 2008. A copy of the Act was Gazette notified on 14-7-2008 to enforce this
Act. Prior to this, the Institute was functioning under the administrative control of Directorate
General of Health Service, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
The Institution is now empowered to award Medical Degrees, under the clauses 23 & 24 of
the said Act. Such Degrees shall be deemed to be included in the schedules to the respective Acts
governing Medical Council of India, Indian Nursing Council and Dental Council of India, entitling
the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from the recognized
Universities of India.
JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical
Training through a hospital with more than 2000 beds. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., MPH, M.D., M.S,
M.D.S, DM, and MCh degree courses are offered in several disciplines including Full-time PhD
About JIPMER, Karaikal
JIPMER Karaikal was started from the academic session 2016-17. Karaikal is located about
150 km south of Puducherry city. The campus has MBBS seat strength of 62. Classes are being held
in lecture theatres at the Arasalar complex / Kalam Complex with smart class room facilities and
telemedicine communication system linked to the JIPMER, Puducherry campus.
Student practical and research laboratories with facilities for seminar, symposia and
lecture classes are located at Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Building with state of the art
equipment. Separate blocks are provided for boys and girls in the hostel complex. This
Institute will further be expanded with multi-speciality hospital and a new college campus.
ADMINISTRATIVE – I (RECRUITMENT) SECTION – CONTACT DETAILS ENQUIRY
|Assistant Administrative Officer|
|On-line Registration of application available from||20-07-2021 (Tuesday) 11.00 AM|
|On-line Registration of application closes on 09-08-2021 (Monday) 4.30 PM|
|Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website|
16-08-2021 (Monday) 11.00 AM
21-08-2021 (Saturday) 8.00 AM
|Date & Time of Written Examination|
(On-line mode only – Single Shift)
10.00 AM to 11.00 AM
|Expected date of publishing eligibility candidates|
who will be eligible for Interview & Merit list
|Tentative date of Interview|
|Tentative date of declaration of Final Result 06-09-2021 (Monday)|
01-09-2021 (Wednesday) &
1. The candidates are advised to read the Advertisement before starting online
2. Request for rectification of any error committed in the application and refund of
fees will not be considered under any circumstances.
3. Candidates are advised to browse the website periodically for updated
For any query related to applying for Senior Residents, Clarifications will be provided
ONLY through the above contact numbers and e-mails during office hours
(09.00 AM to 01.00 PM & 02.00 PM to 04.30 PM).
No.Admin-I/SR/1/1-2021 Dated: 19-07-2021
RECRUITMENT TO THE POSTS OF SENIOR RESIDENT ON REGULAR BASIS FOR JIPMER, PUDUCHERRY AND
Online applications are invited by Director, JIPMER from eligible Indian citizens as per Govt. of India’s Residency Scheme for filling up the posts of
Senior Resident (3-year tenure posts) in the following departments at JIPMER, Puducherry & JIPMER, Karaikal. It include current vacancies, backlog
vacancies of SC/ST & OBC & vacancies will fall from 01-09-2021 to 31-12-2021.
|1||Anaesthesiology & Critical Care|
|5||Dermatology (Skin & STD)|
|8||Forensic Medicine & Toxicology|
|15||Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
JIPMER, Puducherry JIPMER, Karaikal
Category wise posts Total
Category wise posts Total
UR OBC SC EWS ST UR OBC SC EWS ST posts
5 3 2 – 2 12 – – – – – –
1 1 1 – – 3 – – – 1 – 1
1 – – 1 1 3 1 – – – – 1
1* – – 1 – 2 – – – – – –
1 – – 1 – 2 – – – – – –
2 1 – – 1* 4 – – – – – –
1 1* 1* – – 3 – – – – – –
– – – – – – 1 – – – – 1
2 1 – 1 – 4 – 1 – – – 1
1+2* 2 2 – 1 8 – – 1 – – 1
1 – – – – 1 – – – – – –
1 1 – – 1 3 – – 1 – – 1
2 – – – – 2 – – – – – –
– – 1 – – 1 – – – – – –
7 2 1 – 1 11 1 1 – – – 2
1 – – 1 1 3 – – – – – –
3 1 – – – 4 – – 1 – – 1
JIPMER, Puducherry JIPMER, Karaikal
Category wise posts Total
Category wise posts
UR OBC SC EWS ST UR OBC SC EWS ST
|18 Paediatrics 2 – – 1 –|
19 Pathology 1 – – 1 1
20 Pharmacology 1* – – – 1
21 Physical Medicine and
Rehabilitation (PMR) 1 – – – –
22 Physiology – 2 2 – 1
23 Preventive and Social Medicine 4 1 – – 1
24 Psychiatry 2 1 1 – –
25 Pulmonary Medicine 2 – 1 – 2
26 Radiation Oncology 1+1* 1 1 – 1
27 Radio-Diagnosis 1 – 3 – 2
28 Transfusion Medicine – 1 1 – –
|– – – 1|
– – – –
– – – –
– – – –
– – – –
1 – – –
– – – –
– – – –
– – – –
– – – –
– – – –
3 1 2 – 1 – 5 1 6 – 4 – 5 – 5 – 6 – 2 – TOTAL 48 19 17 7 17 108 5 3 3 1 1 13
* Anticipated Vacancies (Vacancies will arise between 01-09-2021 to 31-12-2021).
Note: The above vacancies are provisional and subject to variation.
Candidates from other categories (UR, OBC, SC and ST) will also be allowed to provisionally apply against EWS category. If EWS category vacancies
are not filled, then the post may be considered for Ad-hoc appointment for UR candidates according to merit.
Four (4) posts are reserved for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in non-surgical departments (i.e. except ENT, General Surgery, Obstetrics &
Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, and Dentistry). The acceptable disabilities are:
¾ OL – One leg (R or L) affected or
¾ OA – One arm (R or L) affected with impaired reach or weakness of grip or ataxia
The minimum degree of disability (benchmark disability) to be eligible for availing reservation for PWD is 40%. The degree of disability will be
assessed by JIPMER Medical Board, whose decision will be final.
¾ Not exceeding 45 years as on 31-08-2021.
Relaxable for SC & ST candidates up to five years, and for OBC candidates up to three years.
PWD candidates are eligible for further age relaxation up to 10 years (i.e. 13 years for OBC and 15 years
for SC/ST), if the post is reserved for particular category.
Basic Pay Rs.67,700 (Level 11, Cell1) (Revised) and usual allowances as applicable
(as admissible at Puducherry / Karaikal) per month in the first year (Total approximately
An NMC/MCI-recognized postgraduate medical degree of MD/MS/DNB in the respective
discipline from a recognized University/Institute.
Paediatrics / Neonatology Department
Candidate who completed MD/DNB in the discipline of Paediatrics, he/she can apply any one
of the departments i.e either Paediatrics / Neonatology.
A DCI recognized postgraduate dental degree from University/Institute are required, viz.
(i) MDS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery) under EWS category post (existing vacant).
(ii) MDS (Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics) under UR category post (which will fall
vacant between 01-09-2021 to 31-12-2021)
Crucial date for determination of eligibility with regards to age and educational
qualification etc. will be 31-08-2021.
To be eligible for selection, candidates should complete all the requirements for the qualifying
degree (e.g. passing the examination and completing the mandatory period of work, if any) by
31-08-2021 & the results should be declared to this effect on or before this date.
Those who do not fulfill any of the above conditions need not apply. Mere appearing in the
Computer Based Test (CBT) or interview will not imply any determination of final eligibility.
Applicants should not have completed 3 years Senior Residency under
Residency Scheme in any Govt. medical institution, whether on regular or on
ad-hoc / Contract basis. The duration of Senior Residency already done will be
reduced from the 3 years tenure to be offered.
Stage-I (Computer Based Test)
* The Computer Based Test will be held on 21-08-2021 (Saturday) from 10.00 AM to 11.00
* The duration of the Computer Bases Test shall be 1 hour (60 minutes).
* Question Paper consists of 40 (Forty) Objective Type (Single Best Response Type) questions
from the concerned specialty and total marks will be 80
* The Computer Based Test (CBT) shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
* Each answer with CORRECT RESPONSE shall be awarded TWO MARK.
* No Marks will be deducted for each INCORRECT RESPONSE.
* ZERO mark will be given for the question NOT ANSWERED.
x Based on the marks in the CBT, candidates will be shortlisted for Interview.
x Merit List would be drawn category wise based on minimum eligibility score as given
Computer Based Test
(Out of 80)
|UR / EWSs||50||40|
|SC / ST / OBC||40||32|
x Candidates who secure less than the minimum eligibility Percentage / Score in the
Computer Based Test (CBT) will NOT be considered for Interview and their names
will NOT be included in the Merit List.
x The number of candidates called for interview in the following ratio:
|No. of Posts||No. of times|
|1-2 posts||5 times|
|3-4 posts||4 times|
|5 & above||3 times|
x The Interview will carry 20 marks. Candidates are allowed to appear for interview only through
x Details of Videoconferencing will be sent to the Shortlisted Candidates through SMS or e-mail.
Preparation of Final Merit List
* The weightage of Computer Based Test is 80% and that of personal interview is 20%
* The merit list(s) for all categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC/UR/EWS/PwDs will be prepared on the basis of
combined marks of Computer Based Test & Interview.
* In case of two or more candidates’ secured equal marks, it will be resolved based on date of birth.
Elder candidate (earlier date of birth) will be ranked higher than younger candidate.
* After filling the available posts, all remaining eligible candidates will be kept in the waiting list.
* The waiting list shall be operated only in the event of a vacancy caused when a selected candidate
does not join within the stipulated time allowed for joining, or where a candidate joins but he/she
resigns or dies within a period of 6 months (i.e. until 31-12-2021). Being placed on the waiting list
provides no assurance that a person will be offered at a future date.
* The merit list will be valid till 31-12-2021 or until the next advertisement is released or whichever is
* Applicants who are successfully registered online will be provisionally permitted to take part in the
online Computer Based Test (CBT). Notwithstanding a provisional shortlisting for the recruitment
exam and interview, if a candidate does not fulfill the required educational qualification, experience,
age etc. as per the advertisement notification during post verification, his/her name will
automatically be removed from the shortlist. No further correspondence in this regard will be
CENTRES FOR COMPETITIVE RECRUITMENT TEST
* Applicants should indicate the choice of city of Computer Based Test (CBT) at the time filling
the online application form. Applicants can opt for ONLY THREE exam cities. The city
chosen is subject to confirmation of payment of the examination fee.
* The city of Computer Based Test (CBT) shall be allotted on first-come first serve basis subject
to availability of nodes in respective city. The centre of Computer Based Test (CBT) once
chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained.
|Sl.No.||Name of City|
* In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time
and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website/ text message.
* The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post
Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment.
* No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
AWARDING OF MARKS
The Candidates will be selected based on the performance in the Computer Based Test (CBT)
Candidates’ response to questions:
The responses of the candidate for a question(s), on click of “Submit” button before closing of
Examination shall be considered as the responses chosen by the candidate.
Questions that are ANSWERED will be considered as answered.
MARKED FOR REVIEW AND ANSWERED will be considered as answered.
MARKED FOR REVIEW AND UNANSWERED will be considered as not answered.
APPLICATION – REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: THROUGH ON-LINE MODE ONLY.
Log on to link in the Home page https://www.jipmer.edu.in and navigate to the link
“RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF SENIOR RESIDENT ON REGULAR BASIS FOR
PUDUCHERRY & KARAIKAL – AUGUST 2021”.
Read the Advertisement in detail and instructions carefully.
The flow chart for filling application on-line given as Appendix (ANNEXURE-I) in the
Candidate should acquaint themselves with all requirements with regard to filling up the
Steps of application
2. Entry of candidate details & uploading required documents
3. Online payment
4. Confirmation page
Click the link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in and navigate to the link “RECRUITMENT TO
THE POST OF SENIOR RESIDENT ON REGULAR BASIS FOR PUDUCHERRY & KARAIKAL
– AUGUST 2021” and start the registration process.
FULL NAME entered by the candidate in the application must match with both his/her Govt. Photo
ID Card (Aadhaar Card / Pan Card / Identity Card / Driver’s License etc.) and undergraduate Degree
Certificate. (Spelling and order must be same – if it is not same, the candidate is advised to get it
changed in the above-mentioned document/documents before applying)
A candidate can apply in any one of the discipline subject to fulfilling the essential eligibility criteria
2. Entry of candidate details & uploading required documents
The candidates should fill the details carefully. No request for change in the details provided by
the candidate in the application will be considered or entertained after submission of the online
Softcopy of one (1) recent colour passport size photograph with light background is required. Black
& White / Polaroid photographs are not acceptable.
Photograph MUST be taken on or after 01.04.2021. The photograph must be taken with a placard
held by the candidate indicating the name of candidate and the date of taking photograph. If the name
and date are edited on the photograph after taking it, the application will be rejected. The name and
date on the photograph should be legible.
Specifications of the photograph: 30 mm width × 45 mm Height, named of the file: “Candidate
Photograph.jpg” (eg. Meera Photograph.jpg). Size of file: between 20 KB and 80 KB.
Candidate must sign on a plain white sheet in an area of 80 mm Width × 35 mm Height with a black
ball point pen. The signature should be scanned, cropped to size of 80 mm Width × 35 mm Height, and
saved as “Candidate Signature.jpg” (eg. Meera signature.jpg). The file size should be between 20 KB and
Upload Certificates while applying
The following list of certificates to be uploaded separately. Candidate should scan the certificates
separately (Whichever is applicable) and save it as JPEG/JPG/PDF format. Keep size of Certificate within
limit is 1 MB (Maximum size will be allowed for uploading the certificates)
1. Age proof certificate (Birth certificate/10th/12th Mark sheet).
2. MBBS/MD/MS/DNB/BDS/MDS (Provisional/Degree certificate) and Internship Completion
3. Medical/Dental Council Registration (MBBS and MD/MS/DNB/BDS/MDS).
4. Conduct and Character certificate from the Institution/College where he/she completed his/her
5. Residence certificate issued by Revenue authority not below the rank of Tahsildar/ Dy. Tehsildar
or Aadhar card/voter ID/Passport.
6. SC/ST certificate and latest OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate issued by Revenue Officer
(not below the rank of Tehsildar/ Dy. Tehsildar), if he/she belongs to SC/ST/OBC category. In
case the certificate is in regional language, an English version of the certificate duly attested by a
Gazetted Officer is also to be uploaded.
7. OBC (NCL) certificate must be in the format as mentioned in the Annexure-II. The OBC
certificate so furnished shall not be older than one year.
8. SC/ST certificate must be in the format as mentioned in the Annexure-III.
9. Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) shall be applicable as per Govt. of India
policy Office Memorandum No. 36039/1/2019-Estt (Res) DoPT dated19thJanuary 2019 and
31stJanuary 2019. EWS candidates must possess a valid EWS certificate issued by the competent
authority in the form prescribed as per Annexure-IV.
10. Candidates who are in service in a government hospital or institution are required to submit a
“No objection Certificate” from the present employer as per Annexure-V.
11. The disability certificate should be issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of
the State or Central Govt. Hospitals/Institutions and countersigned by Medical
Superintendent/CMO/Head of Hospital/Institution in the prescribed form as per
3. Online Payment
Application fees for each category as mentioned below should be paid by the candidate using online
mode only. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
|General (UR) / EWS||Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC||Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST||Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|PwD||Exempted from Application Fees|
*** Application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
4. Confirmation page
The process of submission of application online is completed only after uploading candidate
details, scanned photograph, scanned community/PwD certificates as applicable, and scanned
signature and then clicking the “submit button”.
The candidates are advised to download a copy of their filled in application which contains the
Candidates need NOT send hard copy of the application to the Institute.
If the candidate finds an error of entry committed by him/her in the application after the
submission of application fee, a fresh application should be submitted, and the candidate should
make the payment again. The earlier application will automatically stand cancelled. No E-Mail or
Written communication will be entertained in this regard.
x Candidates whose applications are complete in all respects can download their Hall Tickets for the
Computer Based Test (CBT) from 16-08-2021 (Monday) 11:00 AM onwards. (Tentative).
x The Hall Ticket will contain,
1. Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application.
2. Photo and signature image as uploaded by the candidate.
3. Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
x Candidates will be allowed to appear for the Computer Based Test (CBT) only if he/she produces
the hall ticket, Identity proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
x Candidates are STRICTLY PROHIBITTED from writing anything on the Hall Ticket and it will
be collected at the Examination Center at the end of the Examination.
x This Hall Ticket is issued subject to condition that if ineligibility is detected at any stage, the
candidature will be cancelled.
Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for the computer-based Test (online
examination). Link for mock test will be made available on www.jipmer.edu.in at the time of
downloading Hall ticket.
Rejection of application
x Candidates who fail to fulfill the prescribed age limit for Senior Resident post.
x Candidates who fail to fulfill the prescribed eligibility for the concerned discipline.
x Candidates who have applied under Non-Creamy Layer OBC Category and whose sub-caste is
NOT listed in the current Central OBC List and/or whose Certificate has NOT been submitted in
the prescribed format (Annexure-II) from the Competent Authority.
x The candidates who have applied under SC/ST Categories WITHOUT valid Certificate as per the
prescribed format (Annexure–III) from the Competent Authority.
x The candidates who have applied under EWS Category WITHOUT a valid Certificate as per the
prescribed format (Annexure–IV) from the Competent Authority.
1. Mere completion of REGISTRATION & MAKING PAYMENT does not confer right for issue of Hall
2. Incomplete application, application with false/wrong details may lead to rejection of candidature
at any stage.
3. The candidate is advised to download a copy of their filled in application for future reference.
a. In the event of rejection of the on-line application form, correspondence / request for
re- consideration will not be entertained. Fresh application with another payment has to be made
b. Refund of application fee will NOT be entertained under any circumstances (No refund of fee
paid earlier will be done). The applicants are therefore required to exercise due caution while
filling and making online payment.
c. The application once submitted is FINAL and NO request for change in any data filled by the
applicant will be entertained at any stage.
d. In case the candidate has found an error of entry committed by him/her in the application, a new
application has to be submitted along with the prescribed fee. The earlier application will
automatically stand cancelled. No e-mail or Written communication will be entertained in this
1. The candidate must ensure that their photo and signature should be clearly visible in preview at the
time of filling of application in online mode. If photo/signature image is displayed small or not
visible in preview on online application that means photo/signature is not as per the JIPMER
prescribed format and in that case, your application will be rejected. So, candidates are advised to
be careful while uploading their photo and signature. Both must be visible clearly on their online
2. Applications without the prescribed fee or incomplete in any respect would not be considered and
summarily be rejected.
3. The decision of the Competent Authority of JIPMER in all matters relating to eligibility,
acceptance or rejection of the application, penalty for false information, mode of selection
(CBT/Interview), conduct of examination(s), allotment of examination centres, final merit
selection and no enquiry/correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
4. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage
even after the issue of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to
modify/withdraw/cancel the selection process and the same may be communicated any mode to
5. In case any information given or declaration by the candidate is found to be false or if the
candidate has willfully suppressed any material information relevant to this appointment, he/she
will be liable to be removed from the service and action taken as deemed fit by the appointing
authority, in case of selection.
6. The decision of the competent authority regarding selection of candidates will be final and binding
and no representation will be entertained in this regard.
7. The Competent Authority reserves the right of any amendment, cancellation and changes to this
advertisement as a whole or in part without assigning any reason or giving notice.
8. In case any information or declaration given by any candidates is found to be false or if the
candidate is found to have willfully suppressed any material information relevant to this
appointment, he/she will be liable to be removed from the service, and action will be taken as
deemed fit by the appointing authority.
9. In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a
new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website/ text message.
INSTRUCTIONS – DOs AND DON’Ts
1. Candidates are requested to be available in their allotted exam centres 2 hours before the
commencement of the exam to avoid unnecessary tussle in the last minute. They also advised to
visit the exam venue one day before the examination.
2. Candidates should carry ONLY Hall Ticket along with Valid Identity proof (in original) and
photocopy (Xerox) of the same ID proof inside the hall. Candidate will NOT be allowed to take the
examination without valid Hall Ticket & Valid ID Proof other than mentioned below will NOT be
permitted/accepted under any circumstances.
(c) Voter ID
|(b) E-Aadhaar with validated digital signature|
(d) Indian Passport
3. The candidate is solely responsible to get the signature and seal of the Centre
Representative/Invigilator on their Hall ticket. Failure to do so is liable for disqualification. Before
leaving the hall, photocopy of the ID proof should be handed over to Invigilator.
4. Biometric authentication through digital device and hard copy of signature and fingerprint in
attendance sheet will be taken. Cooperation of the candidate is solicited.
5. Candidate will NOT be permitted to take any other papers except hall ticket and Valid Identity
proof (in original) and photocopy (Xerox) of the same ID proof inside the hall.
6. Cellular phones, calculators, watch, alarm clocks, digital watches with built-in-calculators /
memory, ear phones and other electronic gadgets etc. will not be permitted. (Arrangements will
NOT be made by the duty staff for safe keeping and returning the above gadgets if brought).
Candidates are solely responsible for the safe keeping of their belongings
7. In case any candidate is caught or found to use any unfair means he / she shall be liable for
8. Use of unfair means / impersonation will lead to summarily cancellation of selection /
9. JIPMER reserves the right to reschedule the date / time of the examination, depending upon local
10. Candidates appearing the Written (Computer Based Test) Examination will be subjected to
thorough frisking before being allowed into the hall.
11. Biometric finger print / Iris capture and image capture will be done for every candidate on the day
of Examination inside the examination hall by the authorized personnel.
12. The candidate must show, on demand, the hall ticket for admission in the examination hall. A
candidate who does not produce the hall ticket issued by the JIPMER. He/She will not be admitted
to the Examination Hall under any circumstances, by the Center Superintendent.
13. During the examination, the invigilator will check hall ticket of the candidates to satisfy
himself/herself about the identity of each candidate.
14. Candidates are advised to check the seating plan and identify the room / lab allotted as per their
Hall Ticket number, which will be displayed outside the halls.
15. Candidates will not be permitted to leave the exam hall until the exam is over except acute health
16. Smoking in the Examination Hall is strictly prohibited.
17. Tea, coffee, cold drinks or food & snacks are NOT allowed in the Examination Halls.
18. The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Hall Ticket and an announcement to this
effect will be made by the invigilator.
19. The candidate must sign in the Attendance Sheet at the appropriate place and affix the Left Index
Finger impression against the appropriate column of the attendance sheet. Failure to comply with
this requirement will lead to the annulling of his candidature without any prior intimation.
20. For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of examination for any reason, reexamination shall NOT be held by the JIPMER under any circumstances.
21. This Hall Ticket is issued subject to condition that if ineligibility is detected at any stage, the
candidature will be cancelled.
22. Once inside the Examination Centre / Premises, all candidates will be under surveillance &
activities will be monitored. Hence, candidates are advised NOT to indulge into any unlawful
activities which will invite disqualification & legal actions.
ACTION AGAINST CANDIDATES FOUND GUILTY OF MISCONDUCT
Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any
material information while filling the application form. Without prejudice to criminal action/debarment
from JIPMER examination wherever necessary, candidature will be summarily cancelled at any stage
of the recruitment in respect of candidates found to have indulged in any of the following:
¾ In possession of mobile phone, accessories and other electronic gadgets within the premises of the
examination centres, whether in use or in switch off mode and on person or otherwise.
¾ Involved in malpractices.
¾ Using unfair means in the examination hall.
¾ Obtaining support for his/her candidature by any means.
¾ Impersonate/ procuring impersonation by any person.
¾ Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with.
¾ Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information.
¾ Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his/her candidature for the
¾ Misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall with the Supervisor, Invigilator or
¾ Intimidating of causing bodily harm to the staff employed by the JIPMER for the conduct of
¾ To be ineligible for the Examination by not fulfilling the eligibility conditions mentioned in the
¾ Candidature can also be cancelled at any stage of the recruitment for any other ground which the
JIPMER considers to be sufficient cause for cancellation of candidature.
CAUTION: Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
(a) Who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having spouse living or
(b) Who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person
shall be eligible for appointment to the said post.
Provided that the Director, Jawaharlal Institute of Post graduate and Medical Research
Institute may if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law
applicable to such person and to the other party to the marriage and that there are other
grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of these regulations.
(a) If any person(s) or invigilator(s) engaged in the conduct of JIPMER written (Computer Based
Test) Examination is found acting in a manner that would result in the leakage of the question
paper(s) or attempt to use or help in the use of unfair means in this examination, he/she shall
be liable to prosecution under the Indian Penal Code.
(b) The disputes, if any with regard to appointment / Interview process after the Written
(Computer Based Test) Examination etc. will be subject to the legal Jurisdiction of the Union
Territory of Puducherry.
1. JIPMER reserves the right to make changes in the information provided in this Advertisement
based on directives from competent authorities.
2. Notwithstanding the information given in this Advertisement JIPMER, has the ultimate right to
decide on any issue as per its Rules and Regulations.
3. Candidates are advised to check JIPMER website https://www.jipmer.edu.in for any
up-to-date information including changes in the scheduled dates, etc.,
JIPMER’s DECISION IS FINAL
The decision of the JIPMER in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance
or rejection of the applications, penalty for false information, mode of selection,
allotment of examination centres, conduct of examination(s) will be final and
binding on the candidates and no enquiry/correspondence will be entertained in
ANNEXURE – I
APPLICATION – REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION
Step 1 – Registration
* Candidate must ensure that their mobile number is not registered with DND (Do Not Disturb)
* Login Credentials (User ID and Password) and Login Link will be sent to the registered Email
and Mobile Number after 5 minutes post Registration. Please wait until you receive the SMS
* Candidate must check his/her Email Inbox, Junk mail and Spam after registration to get Login
Credentials for complete Application process.
* Candidate are advised to keep the registered e-mail and mobile number active till the
recruitment process is over as the updates will be given to registered e-mail and mobile number
Step 2 – Login
* Click on the login link received via Email.
* Enter the User ID and Password to login.
Step 3 – Click “Edit” to fill the Application Form
* Click on the “Go to application form” button which is available at the right top corner.
* Fill in the details and click submit to proceed.
* Upload the Photograph and Signature.
* Upload all the Certificates (whichever is applicable).
Step 4 – Payment
* Candidate would be redirected to payment gateway after uploading the
Step 5 – Final Application Page
* After successful payment, candidate can take a printout/save of his/her application and keep it
safe for his/her future reference.
FORM OF CERTIFICATE TO BE PRODUCED BY OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES
APPLYING FOR APPOINTMENT TO POST UNDER THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
This is to certify that Shri / Smt. / Kum*_______________________________________son /
daughter of shri _____________________________ of village / town ______________________ in
District _____________________ in ________________ state belongs to________________
community which is recognized as a backward class under :-
(1) Resolution No.12011/68/93-BCC© dated 10th September 1993, published in the Gazette of
India – Extraordinary – part 1, Section 1, No.186 dated 13th September 1993.
(2) Resolution No.12011/9/94-BCC dated 19th October 1994, published in the Gazette of India –
Extraordinary – part 1, Section 1, No.163, dated 20th October 1994.
(3) Resolution No.12011/7/95-BCC, dated 24th May, 1995, published in Gazette of India –
Extraordinary – part 1, Section 1, No.88, dated 25th May 1995.
(4) Resolution No.12011/44/96-BCC, dated 6th December 1996, published in Gazette of India –
Extraordinary – part 1, Section 1, No.210, dated 11th December 1996.
(5) Resolution No.12011/68/93-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.129,
dated the 8th July 1997.
(6) Resolution No.12011/12/96-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.164,
dated the 1st Sept 1997.
(7) Resolution No.12011/99/94-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.236,
dated the 11th Dec 1997.
(8) Resolution No.12011/13/97-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.239,
dated the 3rd Dec 1997.
(9) Resolution No.12011/12/96-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.166,
dated the 3rd Aug 1998.
(10) Resolution No.12011/68/93-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.171,
dated the 6th Aug 1998.
(11) Resolution No.12011/68/98-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.241,
dated the 27th Oct 1999.
(12) Resolution No.12011/88/98-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.270,
dated the 6th Dec 1999.
(13) Resolution No.12011/36/99-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.71,
dated the 4th April 2000.
Shri/Smt./Kum*.………………………………….and/or his/her family ordinarily reside(s)
in the….……….…….District of the ………………….… State. This is also to certify that he/she does not
belong to the persons/ sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in column 3 (of the Schedule to the
Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training OM NO.36012/22/93 – Estt (SCT), dated
08.09.1993) and modified vide Government of India, Department of Personnel and training O.M
No.36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res) dated 09.03.2004 & 14.10.2008.
Place :………………….. Signature____________________________
Dated : ………………… District Magistrate/Dy. Commissioner etc.
*Strike out whichever is not applicable (With seal of office)
NB: (a) The term ‘ordinarily’ used here will have the same meaning as in section 20 of the
Representation of People’s Act., 1950.
The Authorities competent to issue OBC caste certificates are indicated below:-
(i) District Magistrate / Additional Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner /Additional Deputy
Commissioner / Deputy Collector / 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub – Divisional Magistrate
/ Taluk Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner (not below the rank
of 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate).
(ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate.
(iii) Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahasildar, and
(iv) Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the Candidate and or his family resides.
DECLARATION TO BE SIGNED AND UPLOADED BY NON-CREAMY LAYER
OBC CANDIDATES IN ADDITION TO THE COMMUNITY CERTIFICATE
I_______________________________ son/daughter Shri ___________________ resident of
Village/ Town/ City/ District _____________State _________Community ____________________
(certificate enclosed) hereby declare that I belong to the________________________ community
which is recognized as a backward class by the Govt. of India for the purpose of reservation in services
as per orders contained in Department of Personnel and Training Office Memorandum No.36012/22/93-
Estt(SCT) dated 8.9.1993.
It is also declared that I do not belong to the persons/sections (creamy layer) mentioned in
Column 3 of OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt(SCT) dated 08.09.1993 and modified vide Govt. of India,
Department of Personnel and Training OM No.36033/3/2004-Estt(Res) dated 09.03.2004.
(Signature of applicant)
Date: (in running handwriting)
FORM OF SC/ST CERTIFICATE PRESCRIBED
Form of certificate as prescribed in M.H.A., O.M., No.42/21/49-N.G.S. dated the 28.1.1952, as revised in
Dept. of Per. & A.R. letter No.36012/6/76-Est. (S.C.T.), dated the 29.10.1977, to be produced by candidate
belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe in support of his/her claim.
This is to certify that Shri./Smt./Kum.*………………………… son/daughter* of
………………………………… of village/town* …………………………. in district/Division* of the
State/Union Territory*……………….. belongs to the …………………………… Caste/Tribe which is
recognised as a Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe* under:
The Constitution (Scheduled Caste) Order, 1950
The Constitution (Scheduled Tribe) Order, 1950
The Constitution (Scheduled Caste) (Union Territories) Order, 1951
The Constitution (Scheduled Tribe) (Union Territories) Order, 1951
(as amended by the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Lists (Modification) Order, 1956, the Bombay
Re-organization Act, 1960, the Punjab Re-organization Act, 1966, the State of Himachal Pradesh Act, 1970 the
North Eastern Areas (Re-organization) Act, 1971 and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Orders
(Amendment) Act, 1976).
The Constitution (Jammu and Kashmir) Scheduled Caste Order, 1956.
The Constitution (Andaman and Nicobar Islands) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1959.
The Constitution (Dadra and Nagar Haveli) Scheduled Caste Order, 1962.
The Constitution (Dadra and Nagar Haveli) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1962.
The Constitution (Puducherry) Scheduled Caste Order, 1964.
The Constitution (Uttar Pradesh) (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1967.
The Constitution (Goa, Daman & Diu) Scheduled Caste order, 1968.
The Constitution (Goa, Daman & Diu) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1968.
The Constitution (Nagaland) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1970.
The Constitution (Sikkim) Scheduled Caste Order, 1978.
The Constitution (Sikkim) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1978.
The Constitution (Puducherry) Scheduled Tribes Order,2016
Applicable in the case of Scheduled Caste/Schedule Tribe persons who have migrated from one State/Union
This certificate is issued on the basis of the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificate issued to
Shri/Smt*……………………………… father/mother of Shri/Smt/Kum*………………..……….. of
village/town* in District/Division* ………………… ..………. of the State/Union Territory*
……………………….. who belongs to the caste/tribe which is recognised as a Scheduled Caste/Scheduled
Tribe* in the State/Union Territory* ……………………….. issued by the (name of prescribed authority) vide
their No……………..……. date …………………… Shri*/Smt*/Kum*…………….………….. and/or his/her*
family ordinary reside(s) in village/ town*…………………. of the State/Union Territory of …………………….
Place ……………………….. **Designation ……………….……
Date ………………………. (With seal of Office) State/Union
* Please delete the words which are not applicable.
Please quote specific Presidential Order. Delete the paragraph which is not applicable. Should be signed by the
Authorities empowered to issue Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificates as specified above.
(Name & Address of the authority issuing the certificate)
INCOME & ASSEST CERTIFICATE TO BE PRODUCED BY
ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTIONS
|Certificate No. ____________||Date ____________|
|VALID FOR THE YEAR__________|
|This is to certify that Shri/Smt./Kumari _____________________son/daughter/ wife of|
District___________________in the State/ Union Territory____________________ Pin
Code___________Whose photograph is attested below belongs to Economically Weaker Sections, since
the gross annual income* of his/her “family‟** is below Rs. 8 Lakh (Rupees Eight Lakh only) for the
financial year ________ His/ her family does not own or possess any of the following assets ***
I. 5 acres of agricultural land and above;
II. Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above;
III. Residential plot of 100 sq. Yards and above in notified municipalities;
IV. Residential plot of 200 sq. Yards and above in areas other than the notified
Shri/Smt./Kumari_____________________________________belongs to the
__________________caste which is not recognized as a Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other
Backward Classes (Central List).
Signature with seal of Office____________
Recent Passport size attested photograph of the applicant
* Note 1: Income covered all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession etc.
**Note 2: The term “Family‟ for this purpose include the person, who seeks benefit of reservation, his/
her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18
***Note 3: The property held by a “Family” in different locations or different places/cities have been
clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
CERTIFICATE / NO OBJECTION BY THE PRESENT EMPLOYER
(In case candidate is in Govt. / Semi Govt. / PSU/ Autonomous Body service etc.)
No._________________ Date ____________
Certified that Dr.______________________________________ holds a post of
______________________________________for the period from ________________ to
_________________ on regular/adhoc/contract basis in this Department/Office/
Institution/Organization. The Institute has no objection to his/her application being considered for the
post of SENIOR RESIDENT in the department of ____________________________ at JIPMERPuducherry / JIPMER-Karaikal. In the event of his / her selection to the post, he / she will be relieved
from the duty to take up the post of____________________________ in JIPMER–Puducherry /
(Seal with Name & Designation)
NAME & ADDRESS OF THE INSTITUTE/HOSPITAL
This is certified that Shri/Smt/Kum……………………………………………………..
son/wife/daughter of Shri…………………………………………………of………… age………….
sex………………………………..identification mark(s) is suffering from permanent disability of
following category :-
A Locomotors or cerebral palsy:
(i) BL-Both legs affected but not arms.
|(ii) BA-Both arms affected||(a) Impaired reach|
(b) Weakness of grip
|(iii) BLA-Both legs and both arms affected|
(iv) OL-One leg affected (right or left)
|(a) Impaired reach|
(b) Weakness of grip
|(v) OA-One arm affected||(a) Impaired reach|
(b) Weakness of grip
(vi) BH-Stiff back and hips(Cannot sit or stoop)
(vii) MW-Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance
|B Blindness or Low Vision:||(i) B- Blind|
(ii) PB- Partially Blind
(i) D- Deaf
|C Hearing impairment:|
(ii) PD- Partially Deaf
(DELETE THE CATEGORY WHICHEVER IS NOTAPPLICABLE)
This condition is progressive/non-progressive/likely to improve/not likely to improve. Re-assessment
this case is not recommended/is recommended after a period of years months.*
Percentage of disability in his/her case is………………….percent.
Sh./Smt./Kum…………………………………………………meets the following physical
requirements for discharge of his/her duties:-
|F-can perform work by manipulating with fingers. Yes /No|
|PP-can perform work by pulling and pushing||Yes /No|
Signature and seal of the Medical Authority.
|(iii) L-can perform work by lifting|
|KC-perform work by kneeling and crouching|
B-can perform work by bending
S-can perform work by sitting
|(vii) ST-can perform work by standing|
(viii) W-can perform work by walking
|SE-can perform work by seeing.|
H-can perform work by hearing/speaking
RW-can perform work by reading and writing.
[Affix here recent
attested by the
chairperson of the
ISSUES RELATED TO PAYMENT FAILURE
When a payment fails while paying the application fees, there could be two possibilities.
1. Your amount is NOT debited
In this case, you might receive a message from your bank that the payment could not be processed.
You will also see the payment failure screen.
2. Your amount is debited
In this case, you will be left wondering why you did not see any kind of notification. You can send
an email to the payments platform and check the status of that payment.
Reason(s) for Payment Failure:
1. Bad internet connection
2. Authorization failure
3. Authentication failure – Wrong details entered
4. Delayed notification
5. Payment gateway failure
Occasionally, a transaction fails on the receiver’s side, but the payment gets debited from the user’s
account. In such cases, the amount gets automatically refunded by the bank within 30 working days.
Most banks don’t notify users in case of refunds, so be sure to check your statement to ensure that the
refund has come.
In the meantime, you can go ahead and make the payment again
In case it’s been long, and the money still hasn’t been refunded, do send us a message to the
following email id and let us know. The status of the refund will be intimated.
Kindly mention the following details
1. Application sequence No/User ID
2. Name of the Candidate
3. Transaction ID No
Above details to be send to email Id: Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES ON COVID -19 PRECAUTIONS
1. Candidates must maintain social distancing starting from point of entry in the examination venue till
his/her exit from the examination venue.
2. Candidate must bring their own face mask, gloves, personal hand sanitizer (50ml), and transparent
water bottle. No other items will be permitted inside examination venue.
3. Temperature of the candidates will be checked at the entry point to the examination venue via a
handheld thermal screening device.
4. The candidates with temperature more than the acceptable limits or having COVID-19 symptoms will
be allowed to appear in the Computer Based Test (CBT) in a separate isolation exam hall.
5. Entry of Candidates will be given as per Time Slot given on Hall ticket to maintain Social Distancing
at the Centre.
6. Candidates need to follow directions given by representatives & need to stand in the circles drawn at
the entry points.
7. At the registration desk, the candidate will be directed to sanitize his/her hands using sanitizer.
Photograph will be captured during the registration process.
8. Candidates will be under CCTV surveillance throughout the exam procedure.
9. Candidates are strictly advised to adhere to the COVID-19 protocol.
Download Mentorexam App for android/iOS and register for free!
Android App- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mentorexam.courses&hl=en_IN&gl=US
For all DNB exam study material – https://www.mentorexam.com/s/store/courses/DNB%20MS%20MD%20Final%20Exam%20Courses
For all FET FNB Exam study material – https://www.mentorexam.com/s/store/courses/NEET-SS%20FNB%20Mch%20DM%20Courses
For all courses – https://www.mentorexam.com/s/store
Follow us on FB and join our groups for free discussions – https://www.facebook.com/Mentorexam